Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday's reflections with a glass of wine and wedge salad

I have travelled back to the Bay Area for work and as I arrived I felt a sense of distance, that this place was my past and not my future.

It was odd for me as being in technology the Bay Area is THE place of many of the greats, and yet I don't feel like I have to be here to be fulfilled or successful.

I am definitely pondering what success is. As I have the "significance" in my strength finder profile - I look for opportunites that are for important events, or roles I can play that will bring the work into the spotlight. A good thing for a project needing some attention...I am your person.

Instead of the panic to have become the CEO by age 40 I find myself asking if it would be worth it? If the recent political events, and operational chaos is worth pushing for more?

Surely life's successes can be felt in other ways. I ponder this as I sit in a hotel and enjoy the qualities in life I am fortunate to have.
In this case it is a glass of wine and a lovely wedge salad.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: