Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Crazy Travel


Everyone has one of those "nightmare travel" stories. I got mine last week and thought I'd share...

I was scheduled to go to a conference on the East Coast (from west coat). I turned up at the airport a few hours before my flight to check in and was told "you've missed your flight...by a whole day!" Turns out when I booked it, I selected the wrong day on the calendar...yes, a very stupid mistake on my part and all because I was trying to save $25. A bad lesson to learn!

The airline would not refund, exchange, or help in anyway.

Bought a new flight, which was then delayed 2 hours!

Got to the airport car rental on East Coast and got in car. After 20 minutes the GPS unit went on the fritz - it's dark and I did not want to go solo. Drove back and returned car.

Car Rental place ordered a taxi, which was a dodgy unit that tried to overcharge me 3x amount.
Alone, tired, at night, in strange location....got it down to 2x price.

Then the darn taxi breaks down in the middle of nowhere. The tow truck gives me another taxi number...I roll my bag off the freeway in the wait for a taxi - get a couple of cars proposition me.

I'm staying on the phone to hubbie praying for the taxi to arrive super pronto!


It then arrives with 2 guys in the front that smell like weed and they then overcharge me too.

At this point, it's been over 3 hours and I'm going to start going a little crazy with "what else can go wrong syndrome!"


They get lost and take 45 minutes to go 5 miles to the hotel.

I roll in just after midnight and beg for some food from room service to be told "it just shut!"

They night porter took pity and found me a goodie bag from a couple that got married there 3 weeks before - so thanks Josh and Helen for the cookies!


They say that Bad Luck comes in 3's ...I think I got it all in 1 day!

No comments: