Tuesday, July 15, 2008

30 Days to a More Positive Outlook....30 Days are Up!

Tue Jul 15th, 2008

Yeah - you caught me. Life got busy, and then just did not get caught up. But in the past 2 weeks alot has happened:
  • I took a new role (same company)
  • Started working with an executive coach
  • Joined the gym (again...the beach holiday is in 2 months!)
  • Been on training courses
  • Reached outside of my comfort zone in networking and set up 3 appointments

It was a really hard thing for me to take the new role as there were things I was solving for...that frankly I didn't get. I had to decide if I could take the role and be ok withit. Because if I wasn't, I would not be able to do the role justice, and it would hurt me in the long run.

So, I made the choice and "deferred" aspects that were important to me. I did type "let go" which is right in one sense, but also in another I simply stated that "I learnt my lesson and won't let it happen again". I also learnt about people involved in my network and those that really made the difference and those that I will not trust again.

Positive Outlook? 30 days are now up and I had challenged myself to turn it around. I have to say "yes, I've done it" with a renewed vigor and enthusiasm towards the challenge ahead.

No comments: