Tuesday, July 1, 2008

30 Days to a Positive Outlook...Day 11

Writing retrospectively...but hitting the highlights.

"Discovering my Passion"

Today started as a really bad day. Working on being positive but woke up in a foul mood and just did not know how to shake it. Really hard on myself about it as I'm trying to be more positive (as the name of the 30 day journey states!).

At the end of the day, I was actually in a really good mood and din't realize until afterwards that I sould take a look as to why...so i can repeat what I did!

Looking at my calendar,the day was my 1-1's with my team. It was a chance to have a personal conversation and coach and mentor others. I also took one of my team members out for a drink so that I could get to know him better - something I've been wanting to do for a while.
Because for me, when I know someone personally I work much better with them professionaly. Call it any fancy word type "building trust" "rapport" it just works for me.
And today this is what I did - I got to spend time knwoing my team - which helped me feel more energized that I have a purpose! And when I have energy and passion...I perform at my best.

Discover my passion --> Interaction with people on personal and professional level

No comments: