Saturday, August 1, 2009

What a Week of Stress!

I had to ask myself the question this week....was I going to go crazy!?

  • Closed my house purchase...all the final paperwork flurry
  • Bank lost $000,000's in a **NEW** Online banking feature (obviously with glitches!)
  • Work had 2 more organization changes with 2 more planned - so waiting it out as best as I can - but seeing it cause more chaos with people
  • Managing the multitudes of opinions and 'feedback' on projects I am on with upcoming deadlines - whose do I follow when they are all key people in different ways?


All this resulted in a much higher level of stress than usual.

Then I found this picture showing the body's reactions to stress - I think this just made me stress out more!?

And I spend a lot of time self-analyzing, trying to understand the pieces and decisions and actions that make all this up to understand

  • what can I do differently to not get as stressed?
  • what amount of this is me, and what is out of my control?
  • do I create this stress? how and why?
  • will I ever be able to be the person that is 'the calm in the storm'?

And of course, asking myself these questions encourages or promotes the stress!! A Catch-22 indeed!

No comments: