Sunday, June 15, 2008

30 Days to a Positive Outlook...Day 1

I'm back after the break from the extravagant birthday celebration. What an experience...and I needed to recover. All credit goes to the hubby for preparing and putting it all together. He's a rock star!
I've been reflecting on how I've been feeling for the past few months...I've been in a funk and have been deflecting these towards turning 30. But it's been and gone, and it's time to face up to myself and realize it something more.

I've had a lot of questions about the next steps in life - what career, family, the next move, defining success etc... you know, just the little questions.

Now usually, I focus and mull over these for a while and then it spurns me into getting answers and hence clarity.

But in this case, that's not happened...and the impact of this has had an impact on my outward reflection. I'm ready to say it, I'm no longer the positive "glass is half full" mentality. I see myself as more cynical, jaded, and angry in conversations and interactions I've had lately.

And I've realized I don't want to become this person...I see it too often around me and it's what I've been trying to not become for so long, that in fact I did become it. Ashamed, but also ready to do something about it.

So practice the master makes and hence your help in my journey....

Setting a 30 Day Positivity journey...everyday I will reflect on being more positive and hence give myself back what I loved about myself the most....the positive outlook on life.

No comments: