Monday, June 9, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...It's here! I'm 30!

Waking up felt different...I was older...but I love my birthday as my husband is an expert at making me feel special. I let him know that I wanted it to be memorable....and it really was.

The actual day I was working...yes as you get older this happens. But I got a lot of emails, and hallway happy birthday wishes. My team also surprised me and got me a card, a present, AND a cake! They are great and it made me smile! Only 1 of them is over 30 and that's the boss, so they still liked to tease me a bit about the new decade I've entered...

My husband surprised me with an envelope "#1 of 3" and the adventure began....we went to Las Vegas for a few days (hence the catch up on the blog) and it was not to gamble but instead for a gastronomic adventure overload!

We stayed in a penthouse suite (loved it!) and then ate at 3 tiers of restaurants...

1. Emerils' Fish House - classic tv chef, all show and no food to back it up

2. Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak - the home of a $240 Kobe steak - Wow! I can't eat a normal steak again...

3. Joel Robuchon - 3 Michelin star adventure - 16 courses of food that tells a story that you will never forget - as well as the price tag you will never forget - but so worth it for an experience in a lifetime.

We also packed in a great time relaxing, sitting by the pool, drinking, talking, shopping, and gambling....which amounted altogether as the best adventure to turning 30 ever!

Maybe Turning 30 won't be so bad after all....

No comments: