Monday, June 9, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...2 Days to Go

It's getting close with only 2 days to go...I had a BBQ this evening and had 15 people round! Wow, this is the most people I've ever hosted for at my house. It was both exhilarating and exhausting. It was a weekday night as well....way to push the boat out at Age 30!
My husband is an awesome cook, so he led the charge and I was the prep-queen to make sure everything got ready....and it turned out great. We had a lot of hungry people that came back for many sittings...which is a great sign.

For me, it was a new experience to put myself out there and be vulnerable in the hosting arena. It's not something I do very often (less than 5 times in past 15 years) so it was a big thing...but that's the point of turning 30 - take a risk!

It was also exiting as it kind of felt like a birthday party, which I never really had growing up, so new experiences all round to turning 30.

In case you are interested in the fabulous food that was served up....
  • BBQ ribs (husband's own secret recipe....like grandma but better!)
  • Coleslaw from Mustard's Grill Recipe (hands down THE best coleslaw)
  • Shrimp Tacos with Red Cabbage and Chipotle Mayo (Bobby Flay's recipe)
  • Jalapeno Cornbread topped with plenty of honey and butter
  • Salad, California style
Off to bed now though as exhausted!

No comments: