Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 2 - Fulfilling Some Life's Dreams

It's 2am in the morning and have to add this day to one of the best in my life.
I got to do 2 things on my "bucket list" or "things I want to do before I die"

(1) See England play at a World cup match (winning is just a little too ambitious)

(2) Attend a good DJ for a live Trance concert (never dreamt it would be Fat Boy Slim!!!)

Now #1 was planned on this vacation but #2 was a complete surprise!! We heard 2 guys talking on the plane about FBS playing after the match and we added to our "on arrival" list and tracked down tickets!!

The day itself was a bit of a lazy one trying to catch up with sleep and the time zone.

And of course Football!! A day of shockers I think with Germany losing to Serbia!?
We dressed up and went to the local for the USA match with many people staring at us - no other US fans?? Then seeing the drama of a 2-2 draw with being robbed the 3rd US goal!!



Finally going to the England match live in a stadium of 64,100 people with 80% British fans. It was such a buzz as a fan but unfortunately a poor match of soccer ending in 0-0.
Now there is going to be a mass scramble for who goes through the round. England and USA seemed certain to go through...now it might be a dream...

It was a sad walk back to the hotel...but we started to play some music for the next exciting phase.

The club was empty but soon filled up 1 hour later at 12 midnight. It was fantastic to dance and groove and sing to the music. I love trance for the beat it has, the way the rythmn and vibes can move through your veins and make you tingle.

Fat boy slim was worth it - a master at work! We danced at the front and were on the video of fans and danced some more...

I've returned back now reliving the day and the moments that made this one of the best in my life. This is what life is about - living the best moments!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: