Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Loss in the family

After 13 years of love laughter claw marks vet visits airplane trips....my beloved Ouzo passed on.

I felt shock, then relief, the guilt, then shock, then relief all night.
Am I that heartless and unfeeling to be glad he has passed on? He was not having a good life for the past few months...

Then I wake today and just feel an overwhelming sadness and loss. Of grief and a need to retreat from the world of people.

I chose to go through the motions today but I'm sure it was noticed. The smile was fake. There was no laughter. The comments made in meetings were half-hearted at best.

I am mourning the loss of a member of my family of 13 years. Of the joy and pain he brought. Of the memories he helped to create and of those that will now form without him.

I love you Ouzo and may the next life be filled with little pink prawns and mice.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: