Wednesday, May 7, 2008

30 Days of Turning 30...28 to go


Today has been a good day at work, had a couple of great conversations with my boss and a peer about life and the journey's we take. Also, had an interesting lunch conversation that caused me to stop and think...and ties in with my Age 30 conversion.

I work in technology and it's a relatively fast paced environment which attracts like-minded people and I suppose looking at it, there is not as great a spread of age as there is in other industries. Probably looking at most people in their 30-40's.
Now the world is shifting with Baby Boomers retiring and Millenials coming in, I thought we are all on board with the change, I in fact work extensively with the Gen Yers (and also just manager to squeak in there myself!). But at lunch I had a colleague make a comment "well, he's really young to be in that job at 44" Wow! Kind-of blew me away that someone would think that was young....and here I am stressing about Age 30!
And the next comment was "I like to work with X because he's experienced and seen alot more in life" referring to another leader that is close to 60.
hmmm...was eye-opening and a reality check that there is alot of living to do after 30 and I'm still a spring chicken!

1 comment:

i'm a rock..i've got my poetry to protect me said...

man, now i feel reeeeaaal old
but years added has maked me bold
cos' i accepted myself, to me sold
that's the start of adventures told ;-0

hotstuff