Monday, May 19, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...19 to go


Fighting those urges of turning 30 and wanting to park my bum on the sofa and not go anywhere....however as the weather was so nice, I wanted to park my bum outside in the garden. Problem...no furniture in the garden.

A few weeks ago, the garden project began...simple project, lay concrete, stamp it and color it with a pattern. That was 3 weeks ago on a 1 week project, let's just say the contractor chosen wasn't the best decision on alot of fronts! That indeed was a life lesson...but not one I'm really wanting to share at this moment...it's that line of "you'll laugh about it one day"...just not today.

Anyways, I wanted to park my bum but needed the furniture to do so...at the age of 30 I've realized you have to decorate with a "theme" and can't just buy bits and pieces otherwise you get a mish-mosh of stuff (see other rooms on home!). So the adventure begins....5 hours to go to get a theme, research, visit garden stores, and purchase...in order to get my bum on a seat in time for dinner!

Well, I did it and dragged Dr N on the adventure. We even had some fun in the process and caught some sunshine! So hooray for turning 30 and still having adventures! (oh, and dinner was lovely watching the sunset with some mahi-mahi tacos and a cool beer!)

No comments: