Saturday, May 24, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...13 to go


Weekend has arrived again and I like to catch up and read magazines....but definitely not good for the nearly 30 year old person.
First one is an adventure travel magazine that has 8 explorers going to the Arctic....all under the age of 30. They announced all their great adventures and awards at their various ages from 18 - 28. Not so great for my ego...
Then the next magazine is a urban San Francisco magazine and on the front cover it has a 28 year old man who is a high school drop-out that has sold 2 start up companies and is worth over $100 million. Lovely...
So how do I convince myself that I am the best I can be, extraordinary even, when I'm reminded so often about the achievements of the other people that have more at a younger age....hard for me in my early mid-life crisis...with only 14 days to go to turning 30.

Not sure what else to say today....these magazines kind of brought me down...
And then my cat has officially turned into a mouse killer...bringing 3 dead mice to the house in 3 days...all because his collar broke off, but I got a new one today, so no more dead mice, they're free! At least that's something to be happier about.

No comments: