Friday, May 16, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...21 to go


Nothing like a visit to the hair salon to unwind....they truly are like a therapist and hear the updates every 8-10 weeks....what will happen, what about that, what you planning for the Big 3-0?!

It turns out that both my colorist and stylist turned 30 this year so had their words of wisdom...."I stressed about it for months before and afterwards, but now I'm over it" (Feb was the Big 3-0 month)....and "I'm the baby of the group, so no difference for me".

At the same time the trip to the stylist is a let down. You go and feel like a princess...all beautiful and made up and then when you leave the salon, you want to be treated like this and celebrate the "good hair day" while it lasts. Unfortunately the husband has not yet learnt this concept, even after 14 years, so looks like I'll go home to a sofa and sweats. Not very princess-like.

But at least at being nearly 30 I can enjoy the hair salon and not worry too much about the price tag!

No comments: