Thursday, May 15, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...22 to go


A little adventure last night. I got in the car and started driving when a noise started. Oh dear, I think and look to see a flat tire! Wow, it's a first for me at the age of nearly 30! Had no idea what to do - can I drive, do I call AAA? So typical woman (yeah, definitely typecast here) I call the husband!

"Drive to the gas station and fill with air"

I drive to the gas station....a nervous wreck the whole way with the blinkers on and driving slowly. Can't make the air work....not filling it up. Call the husband again...tried again....you get the picture.

End up calling AAA and what a great service - didn't make me feel stupid that I could not change a tire, and within 30 minutes someone arrived, changed the tire in 5 minutes, and 5 minutes later I was on my way! I was wow'd (and thankful that I pay for AAA). I was also impressed by the phone agent, really how many times do you say this!, with her questions like "are you in a safe place"!

So lesson learned for turning age 30....you still have new life experiences...even some scary ones!

No comments: