Monday, May 5, 2008

The 30 Days to Turning 30


Here I am, a 29 year old facing the precipice of turning the big 3-0! I’ve been dreading this for a while, but a few months ago it started to be come a reality and I physically felt my breath catch and my heart stop a beat at the thought of turning 30.

Why should I care, Age is just a number, Age is a state of mind, 40 is the new 30….blah blah blah. The rational part of my mind agrees, for as an actuary I know I have not even reached my expected half-life.
But the American modern woman in me sees it differently. I turn on the TV and the shows are full of the young ones. Jennifer Lopez is out, Miley Cyrus is in. The models on ANTM have to be below age 27. The contestants on American Idol have to be less than 30. You see the people come on the show and say “this is my last chance”. And what about the questionnaires you fill out every time you buy something, go somewhere “Age 20-29” is no more. It will now be “Age 30-39” Wow, it’s like I will have jumped into a whole new universe overnight, all for turning 30.

So, I decided today to face my fears and put it out there….I’m turning 30…..just caught my breath a bit but still going.


To catch you up on the adventure to turning 30.....

I've lost weight - 13 pounds in total..hooray!
I've "freshened" my face with a face peel - that literally made my face peel for a week after with red skin and puffiness - so not really the result I was looking for!
I've faced the fact that I'm turning 30....and embraced it with a Blog

Here comes the Lady Of The Beard....turning 30 in a blog near you!

No comments: