Thursday, May 22, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...15 to go

So today has been a day of innovation! The place I work has been doing Idea Jams where you get together with a few other people and work on an idea all day, present it in 2 minutes, and get a chance to make it a reality! Pretty cool, especially for someone like me that doesn't directly work with customers or products!
So I turned up today and just said "anyone need a team member" and I went through a "match.com" service and found a team! Wa-la! Knew nothing about the other people or the idea, but had a great time just jamming and brainstorming. The team chose me to present, so was a cool opportunity to speak really fast in 2 minutes!
At the end of the day now, watching the innovation from others....really cool what people can do in a day....and what a great way for a company to encourage innovation.

So to turning 30...going back to an old theme...you can still teach an old girl new tricks!

No comments: