Friday, May 9, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...26 to Go


It's Friday...Hooray...always a different buzz to the air in the workplace on this day. People are wearing jeans, have a lunch out of the office, and enjoy a drink at the end of the day...aaah Friday.


In the countdown to turning 30 adventure, I attended a "Mentors" seminar last night. All about having people in our life that we can learn from as well as making sure we are also teaching our skills to others. One person asked "what do you do when your mentors start dying?" which caused us to laugh but reminded me of the fact that we all have to go at some point....hopefully many many more years past 30 for me!


I talked with the panel leader at the end and we talked about Millennial / Gen Y attitudes with Mentors and she asked me "are you a Gen Yer or Gen Xer?" This is the dilemma I face as a nearly 30 year old...no longer so identifiable as the "new kid on the block" but not distinguished enough to be "experienced in life"...


So I leave today thinking that 30 is like the "Twix"...the period after Christmas when all the fun of opening presents is over ...and before the New Year with all the new possibilities that may yet become.

No comments: