Friday, May 30, 2008

30 Days to Turning 30...5 to go

Today I participated in Junior Achievement and went to teach at a local school. This was the first time I have ever done this event and definitely had different expectations of what it was. I actually became a teacher for the day with detailed lesson plans that last a whole day with many moving pieces and parts to it.
I am not a teacher and know the job is valuable and under-valued in society, but this event was just a heavy reminder of this for me. I had 3rd grade and it was exhausting. The students were normal Age 8 kids with a lot of energy and a range of aptitudes in the class that makes it hard to teach in a uniform style. Welcome to the real world!

I thought this played in nicely to the 20 year old story from my youth of yesterday! The life of a nearly 30 year old continues....at least I still know I don't want to be a teacher!

No comments: